Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Time to take America back

Read my class mate's post here. I agree… It is time to take America back!  It wasn’t until I took this government class that I realized how commonplace it is for our government to borrow money, adding to our national debt.  How is this justified?  What I am teaching my children is that if you don’t have the cash for it, you can’t afford it.  The reason I this idea is valuable to our family is because we have seen the hole you can dig yourself into by borrowing money.  Furthermore, we see how hard it is to dig yourself out of that hole.  Isn’t it time for someone to teach our elected officials this?  How about bringing jobs back to America as well?  I am hard pressed to remember the last time I called a 1-800 number and spoke with someone who was from America.  Why are we outsourcing call centers when there are perfectly capable American citizens needing employment?  My close friends and family are suffering because of outsourcing.  Many companies, such as Applied Materials and Freescale, are sending work overseas because it’s cheaper, leaving American families out of work.  What if we all wore clothes, ate food, and bought furniture that was made in America?  If the demand for American goods went up, it would then drive the prices of those goods down.  More Americans would have job opportunities and we could help lessen the debt that America has incurred. 

No comments:

Post a Comment